MOA: University of British Columbia
Multicoloured skirt of pandanus fibre, which has been looped over and tied to a sennit twine belt. The skirt is layered with one long fringe, and one short fringe.
This type of skirt is customarily worn by pre-menses girls on festive occasions.
- Type of Item skirt
- Culture Micronesian
- Material fibre, dye, pandanus leaf fibre
- Measurements height 58.0 cm, width 53.0 cm, depth 1.0 cm (overall)
- Previous Owner William H. Alkire
- Received from William H. Alkire
- Made in Woleai
- Collection Date during 1964
- Ownership Date before August 16, 2017
- Acquisition Date on August 16, 2017
- Item Classes textiles
- Condition good
- Accession Number 3274/0070