MOA: University of British Columbia
Aluminum oval-shaped bracelet with opening at back. Top and bottom sides are flat; interior and exterior centres are rounded. Ends of bracelet are capped with protruding circles; interior and exterior sides close to circles are flat. Triangular indents along top and bottom edges where flat and rounded exterior side sections meet; smooth transition along interior. Diagonal lines incised along the top side, close to bracelet ends; rest is undecorated.
The donor taught in a rural school in Tobli, eastern Liberia, from 1965 to 1967.
History Of Use
Aluminum bracelets are sometimes for children.
- Type of Item bracelet
- Culture Krahn
- Material aluminium metal
- Measurements height 1.0 cm, width 8.1 cm, depth 6.9 cm (overall)
- Previous Owner Donald White
- Received from Donald White
- Made in Liberia
- Collection Date between 1965 and 1968
- Ownership Date before August 27, 2021
- Acquisition Date on August 27, 2021
- Item Classes metalwork
- Condition fair
- Accession Number 3522/0058