MOA: University of British Columbia
Currency anklet. Circular, made of a rounded brass band. Wide diagonal lines, done in relief, run across entire length; carvings imitate a knot design. At the opening, the ends are flat and curled into tight circles.
The donor taught in a rural school in Tobli, eastern Liberia, from 1965 to 1967.
- Type of Item anklet
- Culture Krahn
- Material brass metal
- Measurements height 0.5 cm, width 8.4 cm, depth 7.9 cm (overall)
- Previous Owner Donald White
- Received from Donald White
- Made in Liberia
- Collection Date between 1965 and 1968
- Ownership Date before August 27, 2021
- Acquisition Date on August 27, 2021
- Item Classes metalwork
- Condition fair
- Accession Number 3522/0062