MOA: University of British Columbia
Brass oval-shaped bracelet with small opening at back. Interior is undecorated; rest of bracelet covered with raised motifs. Design consists of plain and braided horizontal lines with three butterfly-like motifs evenly spaced throughout. Butterfly-like designs consist of columns of concentric semi-circles surrounding plain and braided vertical lines. Ends of bracelet have large semi-circles attached and are trimmed with bands of plain vertical lines, a braided strand and a column of concentric semi-circles.
The donor taught in a rural school in Tobli, eastern Liberia, from 1965 to 1967.
- Type of Item bracelet
- Culture Krahn
- Material brass metal
- Measurements height 1.7 cm, width 8.9 cm, depth 8.2 cm (overall)
- Previous Owner Donald White
- Received from Donald White
- Made in Liberia
- Collection Date between 1965 and 1968
- Ownership Date before August 27, 2021
- Acquisition Date on August 27, 2021
- Item Classes metalwork
- Condition good
- Accession Number 3522/0079