MOA: University of British Columbia
Brass oval-shaped bracelet with opening at back. Interior is undecorated; rest of bracelet covered with raised motifs. Designs consist of plain and braided horizontal lines and three protruding shapes evenly spaced throughout. There is a plain "I" shape along the right side of the bracelet; a curved "I", with rounded tips, in the centre; and two cones connected to a curled line on the left side. The cones have lines incised along their sides; dots decorate length of line. Ends of bracelet are hoof-like and undecorated.
The donor taught in a rural school in Tobli, eastern Liberia, from 1965 to 1967.
- Type of Item bracelet
- Culture Krahn
- Material brass metal
- Measurements height 2.7 cm, width 8.8 cm, depth 7.4 cm (overall)
- Previous Owner Donald White
- Received from Donald White
- Made in Liberia
- Collection Date between 1965 and 1968
- Ownership Date before August 27, 2021
- Acquisition Date on August 27, 2021
- Item Classes metalwork
- Condition fair
- Accession Number 3522/0082